We’re at the end of September, so I wanted to share my October TBR with you! I have eleven books on my October TBR, and in this post I’ll talk about which books fit in with my TBR for the Ace Race Readathon, which books are for my monthly challenge and which books I picked for my TBR games of the month! So without further ado, here’s my October TBR!
I played two TBR games this month, both of which I made myself. I did my new Marvel TBR game (of which I’ll make a post soon) and I used my Futhark runes as well. I have decided I am allowed to double up between the games (just not within one game, if you get what I mean), so there are doubles!
- Gideon the Ninth by Tamsyn Muir (Read a grey book)
- Incendiary by Zoraida Córdova (Read a book by a South American Author)
- Sal & Gabi Break the Universe by Carlos Hernandez (Deadpool tile (Wildcard))
- Champions, vol. 1: Outlawed (Stan Lee cameo, read a Marvel comic)
- The Gilded Wolves by Roshani Chokshi (Read a book with found family)
- Uncanny Inhumans, vol. 4 (Book with an Animal Companion)
- Gideon the Ninth by Tamsyn Muir (5-Star Prediction)
- Sal & Gabi Break the Universe by Carlos Hernandez (Weather or Water on the Cover)
- Camp by L.C. Rosen (Recently Acquired)
- What We Devour by Linsey Miller (Cover Buy)
The Ace Race
The Ace Race is a month-long readathon that revolves entirely around aspec characters. There are nine prompts, though it’s not mandatory to read all of them (and you can double up). Personally, I have picked a book for each of the prompts, but I am (for now) concentrating on just five of them.
- Belle Révolte by Linsey Miller (Fantasy)
- This Golden Flame by Emily Victoria (Aromantic)
- The Lost Coast by A.R. Capetta (Queer Author)
- What We Devour by Linsey Miller (Aspec Author)
- Camp by L.C. Rosen (Sapphic)
- The Black Veins by Ashia Monet (Demi/Greysexual)
- Jughead, vol. 2 (Comic/Poetry)
- Gender Queer (Nonfiction/Memoir)
- The Sound of Stars by Alechia Dow (Author of Colour)
Old Books October
With a couple of friends, I’m doing a challenge where each month we try and read a couple of books that fit in with a theme. September’s was ‘Series September’, where we tried to continue but mostly finish series because we’re all bad at finishing series! For October, our theme is ‘Old Books October’, where we just read books we already owned (for me, I’ve gone with books I owned before 2021, which is relevant for the November theme).
- Incendiary by Zoraida Córdova
- Gideon the Ninth by Tamsyn Muir
- Sal & Gabi Break the Universe by Carlos Hernandez
- The Gilded Wolves by Roshani Chokshi
- Belle Révolte by Linsey Miller
So that concludes my TBR for the month of October! Have you read any of these books? Which one do you recommend I start with? What’s on your TBR for October?
Leave a Reply