October went by in a flash! I am happy to say that I did quite a lot this month, because I actually finally got a job! It did kind of put a stop to my excessive reading, though, but I am not too bothered about that. I am sad to say I did not finish my TBR for October, but I did manage to read a couple of books still this month! So without further ado, let’s wrap up October, and do my November TBR!
As I mentioned in my October TBR post, I did two TBR games and picked books for a readathon and a challenge I’m doing with a couple of friends. I officially had about fifteen books on my tbr, though I planned on really reading eleven of them. I did end up reading ten books, though most of those were not on my TBR at all!
Started in September, finished in October
- Even If We Break by Marieke Nijkamp
- Vampires Never Get Old edited by Zoraida Córdova & Natalie C. Parker
- The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien
Started in October, finished in October
- Champions, vol. 1: Outlawed by Eve L. Ewing (Marvel TBR – Marvel Comic & Futhark – 5-Star Prediction)
- The Gilded Wolves by Roshani Chokshi (Marvel TBR – Found Family & Futhark – Cover Buy)
- Mini Marvels * by Chris Giarusso (Futhark – Animal Companion)
- Twilight Princess, vol. 9 by Akira Himekawa (Marvel TBR – Wildcard)
- The Lost Scrolls: Water by Michael Teitelbaum (Futhark – Weather/Water on the Cover)
- Daughter of the Deep by Rick Riordan (Futhark – Recently Acquired)
- Jughead, vol. 2 by Chip Zdarsky (Ace Race Readathon)
The books in bold were the ones I already had on my TBR at the beginning of October, but I ended up fitting some of the other books I read into the TBR game prompts as well. In the end, I read four books for each of the TBR games I did! I am not going to punish myself, because I hadn’t anticipated going back to work at all this month, so I am giving myself a break.
November’s challenge is New Books November, where I am personally going to try and read books I received this year. Whether that is because I bought them, got them or get them from the library, it’s time to read new books!
- Inkheart by Cornelia Funke
- Hazel’s Theory of Evolution by Lisa Jenn Bigelow
- Daisy Jones & the Six by Taylor Jenkins Reed
- East of the Sun, West of the Moon by Peter Christen Asbjørnsen
- Jughead, vol. 3 by Ryan North
For November, I decided to play just one TBR game and the random picker chose TBR M.A.S.H. for me. This game was created by Chloe from Persistent Bookworm! I ended up with the random number twelve and got five prompts for myself. I have to say, this game was not nice to me and did not really allow me to add many of the books I had on my TBR cart. But I managed!
- Boekenfestijn Book – Queen Amidala by Mark Schultz
- (Amazon) Freebie – Avengers + Savage Avengers #1 by Jason Aaron
- Classic – East of the Sun, West of the Moon by Peter Christen Asbjørnsen
- Out of Comfort Zone – Daisy Jones & the Six by Taylor Jenkins Reed
- Big Book (>500 Pages) – Inkheart by Cornelia Funke
And yes, I am also doing a readathon again! This month it’s the last round of Believathon, and I am kind of sad to see it go, but very excited to read more middle grade books! I picked five prompts and thus five books to read, and hopefully I’ll be able to read all of them!
- Historical Book – The Ship of Shadows by Maria Kuzniar
- Book with Illustrations – Tilly and the Bookwanderers by Anna James
- Anticipated Book – Inkheart by Cornelia Funke
- Scary Book – Small Spaces by Katherine Arden
- Contemporary – Hazel’s Theory of Evolution by Lisa Jenn Bigelow
So yeah, that’s my TBR for November, hopefully I’ll be able to read a bit more now that I have a consistent schedule for work and free time. How did you do on your October TBR?
Leave a Reply